Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Simple Remembrence

As today dawns, I hope every American remembers the events that occurred in 2001. I hope that every American remembers the images we all had imbedded into our brains as bodies fell from the Twin Towers like the so many pieces of paper, floating downward as the hand of GOD lifted their souls to Heaven. I remember walking my young grand daughter to preschool that day wondering if and when the next attack would come. I feared for her, for all of us and our future.

I hope we remember those who died in those buildings, the planes, and the rescue workers who gave so bravely of themselves to save those that they could.

I hope we remember there were approximately 3000 people that day who did not return home to their loved ones.

I hope we remember there were many other events over the past several years where we were threatened, attacked and nobody in our government saw fit, or had the balls to do what needed to be done.

I hope we remember those who have sacrificed since then, as our military has kept us safe.

I hope we remember that if we return to the same complacency we had prior to 9/11/01, we could and WILL be sucker punched again.

I think of the families who today, and forever, will not forget and I pray for them.

I pray that GOD continues to guide our President and our troops so they may continue the success they have had in keeping us safe. I thank them for all they have done and will do in the future.

Remember our past, pray for our future.

GOD Bless America.

No comments: