Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just Shoes

Brett Favre is returning to the 'Pack'. I could really care less, even if I do live in WI. I am not a fan of sports and consider these whining guys a bunch of over priced, over paid, cry babies. This reminds me of much of the Michael Jordan era. Yes, I'm retiring, no I'm not, yes I am....wait...now I'll play for these guys. No, I want to coach, buy a team. Talk about a bunch of flip-flopping, ADD riddled people. Maybe they should go into politics.

There is much drama and suspense as to where Favre will fit back into the mix. Will he play, sit on the bench as Rodgers takes over his spot? Who knows. He needs to be placed in a position where he is required to regain the respect of his team members and his fans. His position on the food chain should be lowered. He should no longer 'sit on the right hand' of the Pack

As Brett returns to 'the fold', the fate of the next-in-line quarterback unfolds. I am not sure if I would want to be him. He will definitely have to 'prove his stuff', which is what he would need to do anyway, having come to the point in his career where he needs to 'fill the shoes of Favre'.

"I'm a competitor. I'm going to compete," Rodgers said after a scrimmage Sunday night. "This isn't going to be easy. It's going to be a dogfight. And I know if they do open it up to competition, not a lot of people give me a chance, but I believe in myself and I'm going to be the best I can be and let coach decide from there." (AP)

Even though I will not be watching you play, 'rock on' Rodgers and may the force be with you. Remember, they are said to be big shoes to fill, but they are just shoes!

No comments: